Saturday, July 2, 2011

5 things the kid will love about the neighborhood

Hanging out this weekend with my wife and my sister-in-law has helped me realize some of the fun things about our neighborhood that the kid will love. I think it takes showing off the area to out-of-town guests to make you see it.

1. Nuts About Ice Cream - Probably a sacrilege to say it, but even though it's further away from us than The Cup (which is right around the corner), I like Nuts better. They have more interesting original flavors and the cream is higher quality. We went there tonight and I tried their guava sorbet. Yummy.

2. Martelluci Pizza - A short walk to dine in or take something home. They have pretty good pizza. Their chicken parmesan is the best in the area, in my opinion. This is a smaller place and not too fancy on the inside, but the owner and staff are super friendly and they really like to talk with people who live in the neighborhood.

3. Walkable neighborhoods - I love the tree canopy and elevation changes that come with walking our neighborhood. On summer nights when the fireflies are out, it's a little slice of heaven.

4. Friday night football - When it's fall, the stadium lights at Liberty High are on every Friday night and visible from our house. We can hear the band play, the PA guy do his announcing, and the crowds cheer as we sit on our patio.

5. Church bells - We hear them from the Catholic church and the Nazarene church at different times of the day, every day. I love hearing them break up our day. There's something almost meditative about it, as it breaks your concentration just for a moment and makes you consider something bigger than yourself.

----

Post #17 in my 90-in-90 blog challenge. Blog with us and join the fun. I'll be blogging both here and on my professional blog for the challenge. For more about the 90/90 challenge, read about my call for participants. The blogs participating are on the list at the right, or follow us on the #LUBlogTribe hashtag on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment