Thursday, July 28, 2011

Getting closer

My wife's been having a few cramping issues that felt like contractions. We learned from last time, so she called the doctor and went in. Everything's fine, but I'm glad she was proactive about it. They don't know what it is since she is pretty well hydrated. Could be Braxton Hicks contractions, which are pretty normal.

The good news is the baby is head down and getting in position (not sure which way it is facing, which matters but not as much as being head down). So the kid is cooperating for the most part, but it might be chomping at the bit to get going.

The first time we had a scare I was a little more concerned, but what a difference a few weeks makes. We're just past 35 weeks and so if the baby came a couple weeks early (week 37 is considered full term) it wouldn't be a big deal as long as there wasn't a problem with the baby that triggered early labor. So I'm feeling pretty not-scared about this if it develops into labor at this point. We have good doctors, and by and large the place is ready for the baby to come (still working on the door to your room, sorry kid).

I know the stats. Once we passed 32 weeks the odds of survival in an early birth were pretty good, so I did a big exhale. At this point we're ready whenever the kid is. I'd like this to go the full 40 just to be safe, but we'll be OK either way.

----

Post #43 in my 90-in-90 blog challenge. Blog with us and join the fun. I'll be blogging both here and on my professional blog for the challenge. For more about the 90/90 challenge, read about my call for participants. The blogs participating are on the list at the right, or follow us on the #LUBlogTribe hashtag on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment