Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just a short post

We passed into Week 34 today. I've said this before but I think it's worth reiterating that every day that marches on without incident in this pregnancy is a blessing.

Seven months ago we were shocked at the news that we were expecting, in large part because we got a late start to this in terms of age. The risk factors go up once you clear the 35-year barrier. So while I've been enjoying watching our baby grow, there's always cautious parts of my brain trying to keep everything in perspective.

Every day we travel on this path is a gift. I've been told by a few folks that I speak the language of someone who is worried all the time, and I don't mean to sound that way. I'm a realist, mindful that we've been incredibly lucky so far and that life throws you curveballs.

But seven weeks to go. Very exciting.

----

Post #29 in my 90-in-90 blog challenge. Blog with us and join the fun. I'll be blogging both here and on my professional blog for the challenge. For more about the 90/90 challenge, read about my call for participants. The blogs participating are on the list at the right, or follow us on the #LUBlogTribe hashtag on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment