Sunday, July 3, 2011

Putting the family to work

As I said before, we had my wife's sister out this weekend. This is the first time we've seen anyone in our family since we announced that we're having a baby, and it's been great to be able to share the joy with someone in the family in person.

It's been fun, games, and some work. We've shown of all the fun hangouts in Bethlehem and relaxed at the house, but her sister came with the intention of helping pitch in to help get things set up.

So we did just that. Big progress made on the pack-and-play and the high-chair, but the real good thing is the two of them got to go shopping for things to finish up decorating the nursery. As I'm writing this, they are sticking up the wall decals. A couple simple curtain installations and the place is all ready to go.

With any luck, maybe I can post pictures of the nursery soon.

But as we've worked I've realized I have a mental list of things that Must. Be. Done. before the baby is born that I need to get cracking on. Like that whole not-letting-the-basement-be-a-disaster thing. My wife has accused me of being the one who's nesting, but I just know myself too well. Once the baby arrives, it's inertia city for me.

All in all it's been a fun weekend of hanging out together, working a bit, and relaxing. We might see at least one more family member before the baby is born, which is great. It's times like this that we realize how far we are from everyone in our families.

----

Post #18 in my 90-in-90 blog challenge. Blog with us and join the fun. I'll be blogging both here and on my professional blog for the challenge. For more about the 90/90 challenge, read about my call for participants. The blogs participating are on the list at the right, or follow us on the #LUBlogTribe hashtag on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment