Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Meet our son, now in technicolor

Say hello to our son.



I'm learning a lot in just a couple days from watching him. He makes expressions that are a tipoff to what he wants, whether it's eating, diaper change, more snuggle time, and such. They are subtle, and I guess wrong about 95% of them because I'm a dolt, but I'm learning.

I have my moments when he's crying and I don't know what he wants. I'm learning to do my best and do the checklist, then just do my best some more if everything checks out.

Tomorrow we're doing this by ourselves for real. Checkout is at 11. No nurses or people to help. Amy's mom arrived in town tonight and will be with us a few days, so that should help the transition, but we're going to try to do the feedings and changing ourselves. It's important bonding time and we have to learn anyhow. But having Amy's mom here to help take some pressure off with cooking and regular around-the-house stuff will be nice.

So this is what it's like to be a dad. It feels good. And it feels scary. This kid is depending on me for so much and I still haven't figured out all the ways I can fail.

----

Post #55 in my 90-in-90 blog challenge. Blog with us and join the fun. I'll be blogging both here and on my professional blog for the challenge. For more about the 90/90 challenge, read about my call for participants. The blogs participating are on the list at the right, or follow us on the #LUBlogTribe hashtag on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment