Monday, August 1, 2011

One month

Today is August 1. The baby is due on September 1. Seven months ago we found out we were having a baby, and now we are 31 days until the due date.

Technically any time after a week from Wednesday is considered medically fine. The baby is considered "full term" at 37 weeks, at which point it a baby that is born is no longer considered a preemie. All the organs and such are developed and really at that point it's just adding pounds so it has energy to make it through the process.

So just hang on for another 8 days, kid.

We're ready. This past weekend and tonight we were starting to tie up the loose ends. I printed out the birth plan for the doctors tonight and have a folder for documents we'll want to take with us. The car seat is installed. This weekend I'm going to buy the baby care and medical stuff we'll need for the changing area so that is finished.

Most of what needs to be done is around-the-house stuff. Two remaining house projects to be done: I need to finish sealing the newly installed doors, and I need to do some work out in the front yard so our house doesn't look like Boo Radley's place after the baby is born. But this is all stuff that can be done on the side or put off if need be.

Left in the unknown is how I'll balance all of this. I feel behind already for the new semester. How I'll deal with lack of sleep and trying to jam all of this into an already-busy life is going to be a challenge. Most days I feel up to it even though I have no idea what it is going to be like. Some days I'm a deer in the headlights. I am committed to do whatever it takes, but I assume the concerns are normal.

Just hang in a little longer, baby, but we'll take you whatever day you choose to come.

----

Post #47 in my 90-in-90 blog challenge. Blog with us and join the fun. I'll be blogging both here and on my professional blog for the challenge. For more about the 90/90 challenge, read about my call for participants. The blogs participating are on the list at the right, or follow us on the #LUBlogTribe hashtag on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment