Thursday, September 8, 2011

Meet your grandma

My mom arrived in town this evening for her first chance to see her grandson. She'll be with us for a week and so I think she's looking for as much time to hold him as possible. Which is cool with us. Maybe she can help us refine the sleeping and eating schedules we're pushing more aggressively.

Her arrival ends a 2-week stretch of us doing this by ourselves. With him turning a month old tomorrow, that means we've done about half the time with just the three of us. That's actually a little less than we intended, but circumstances dictated otherwise and it was good to have the help early on.

Grandma came bearing books, and lots of them. She gave him a bunch of Dr. Seuss and Golden Books that were similar to what I had when I was a kid. We were light on books to start out but have gotten quite a few in the past week or so, and that's great because one of my favorite things to do is read to my son.

What's good is that she's here to help. We weren't dying or anything, but the little things along the way will be a big help. My wife and I were talking the other day that we haven't slept in the same bed in weeks because of his need to have one of us up with him. We can't do that forever, of course, and are working on converting him to something more sane, but tonight we actually napped together as my mom watched him. It's the little things.

----

Post #85 in my 90-in-90 blog challenge. Blog with us and join the fun. I'll be blogging both here and on myprofessional blog for the challenge. For more about the 90/90 challenge, read about my call for participants. The blogs participating are on the list at the right, or follow us on the #LUBlogTribe hashtag on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment